Rachel Reilly, Research Professional
Rachel brings a unique perspective to our research team, given her background in archives and records management. She began as a junior research associate at Taylor & Hammel LLC in 2009 and has since taken on a host of roles and responsibilities. In addition to tackling increasingly complex research projects, she most recently served as our Social Media Manager and spearheaded our social media and blogging efforts. She has also developed marketing materials, assisted in our re-branding effort in 2017 when we became Taylor Research Group, and has led recruitment during her time with TRG.
- University of Pittsburgh, BA in Communication and Women's Studies
- University of Pittsburgh, MLIS with a specialization in Archives, Preservation, and Records Management
Professional Research Experience:
- Due diligence investigation research to identify potentially responsible parties (PRPs) and track down corporate successors for various toxic tort and environmental projects throughout the U.S.
- PRP research related to historical environmental problems stemming from chemical and industrial plants that operated in the mid-west for 125 years.
- Due diligence investigation research at the state and local levels to determine who maintained oil and gas rights on properties in western and central Pennsylvania.
- Investigation into the historical problem of PCB contamination of several West Coast waterways.
- Collection of documentation at the state-level related to a historical environmental problem in Wisconsin.
- Research at the federal, state, and local levels to determine government involvement related to groundwater contamination issues at former military sites in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Research into a variety of collections held at the National Archives in College Park, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., to determine the presence of asbestos or asbestos-containing machinery and equipment aboard U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, and Maritime Commission vessels.